There’s a lot of hype in the market about Voice Over IP. There are also many myths and misunderstandings. So how can you sort through it all to figure out what is it?, is it right for you?, and how can you apply it to your business? That’s where IDeACOM can help.
There are 3 main elements to Voice Over IP (VoIP). In a nutshell, VoIP is 1) a dial tone service delivered to your phone system by way of an IP address on your network; 2) seamless connectivity between branch offices; or 3) a remote phone outside of your office. Some of these applications are accomplished with equipment in your office, and some can be hosted by a 3rd party in the cloud.
To simplify things, we’ll highlight some of the more common reasons that companies are deploying VoIP. Keep in mind that we can’t cover it all here, but our intent is to clear up some of the confusion and misunderstandings about VoIP. Here are the top 5 reasons that companies are implementing VoIP solutions:
1) You’re not ready to replace your phone system, but need to enhance efficiency or reduce costs by “phasing-in” the new technology while deferring the cost of the new system to a later time.
2) You want to add a VoIP-based dial tone service for enhanced functionality, additional capacity, Caller-ID based routing, or to enhance your disaster recovery plan with off site, fail-over routing.
3) You’re able to reduce monthly recurring phone costs with new VoIP-based dial tone services or remote phones for telecommuters or branch offices, within or outside of the US.
4) You’re interested in new applications for remote staff including cell integration, voice mail to email, or Outlook integration for contact dialing. In addition, you see value in adding applications like call recording, IM chat, desktop video conferencing, and fax server to name a few as a way of improving communications.
5) You have the need to reduce operating costs by automating routine customer service related tasks, including appointment confirmations and requests to check the status of delivery for example.
Additionally, there are only 4 distinct types of “phone system technologies” that you can deploy at this time. Yet there are hundreds of manufacturers and thousands of dealers with varying opinions and levels of experience, which can make it a little confusing. As a member of The IDeACOM Network, we have the opportunity to provide a robust variety of solutions from the best manufacturers and service providers available on the market today. Our goal is to help you find the best overall fit based on your requirements.
Contact us to discuss your needs and concerns, and to learn more about the 4 types of phone systems. IDeACOM can help you identify how Voice Over IP can benefit you and your organization, and customize a plan for a successful outcome.